Monday, May 07, 2007

My Dilema

So this past weekend I went to go help the local wedding photographer with a wedding. After I came back I really started thinking about this assisting thing. I mean I love photography and I would love to learn more and get better. But I don’t know if it’s worth it. I don’t get to see Dave that much during the week and the weekends are what I consider “our time” together. So If I continue with the assisting thing it means I won’t be able to see Dave as much, besides we’d really have to cut down on our weekend travels. Then there is the fact that I feel like a glorified gopher. I’m not doing any photography and I’m basically just running around getting and hauling equipment. Which I really don’t think I want to spend my Saturdays doing that. Dave tells me to hang in there a bit longer and see what happens, but I just don’t know. I’m starting to think I’m just not ready to commit to something like this at this point in my life. My weekends are important me, spending time with Dave is important and learning the art of photography is imporant. So how do I fit all that in. If you have any advice, let me know. Maybe I should just stick to taking some more advanced photography classes and skip out on this assisting thing. What do you think?

On another note...Dave and I leave for our extended vacation in less than 2 weeks! OMG! There is so much to do. And we have Dave's work party this saturday down in Universal. Plus I have a ton of stuff to get down at work. Talk about stressed. I can't wait to be on that plane and know I don't have anything to worry about for over 2 weeks!

No comments: