Saturday, July 21, 2007

Home Upgrades

Well, I have to say Dave and I have put lots of effort into our house we bought almost 3 years ago!! This week the new kraftmaid kitchen cabinets were delivered. Oh boy! I mean I'm so excited to have my new awesome kitchen with stone countertops and dark cherry cabinets. But I am not looking forward to the time and effort it is going to take. A day of destruction, about 3 days of installation, appliances strewn everywhere around the house, and then waiting an additional 3 weeks or so for countertops. OMG! So come October our kitchen should be awesome! But it's all the time in between that will stink.

So were on this house renovation kick and we went to Lowe's yesterday to finally buy our new door handles. This house was not upgraded very much and when we bought it everything was cheap brass. I hate BRASS! So Now we have silver nickel door handles to install through the house. It shouldn't take to long, but what a difference it will make.

I have also started painting our other guest room. Which will eventually be a kids room one day. So we decided that we would do something fun in there. I got a great Idea from my friends Wendy. It'll work now as a guest room and later as a kids room. We are painting squares on two walls. The squares are brown, beige, green, red, and blue. I'll post photos once its all done.

In other news, we have been making for weekend travel plans and it looks like August will be very busy. We are going to Vegas with friends or ours, Camping at Yosemite, and to San Diego and Del Mar for labor day weekend. Dave wants to go to Del Mar and see the horse races and it just happens that the Friday we are going Angles and Airwaves is playing free concert! I can't wait to see them in person. They are go awesome! But I'm biased I've been a Blink 182 fan from the start.

No comments: