Monday, May 19, 2008

Another Fantastic Weekend

I truly feel so fortunate that we have so many great weekends! I am truly so happy with our life!

This past weekend was Dave's 31st birthday..yes 31 can you believe that! I've known Dave since I was about 23, but honestly it doesn't feel like it's been that long. We've just been having so much fun together. Time goes by fast when your having fun. Happy Birthday again!

So on Thursday night we hopped on a red eye after a small pre birthday happy hour. We arrived to a cool and rainy MD. But being from the desert we didn't mind. After a little nap, we ran some errands and took my mom to get birthday snowballs (her bday is Tuesday). For all of you who are not from the mid atlantic your probably not familiar with snowballs. They are different from snowcones in that the ice is grounded up really fine and then there are about 50 flavors of syrup to choose from. They are way better than any snowcones! Then it was off for Japanese dinner.

Saturday was a ton of fun. Preakness Day! What a blast Preakness is. So many people just having a good time. We even walked over to the infield for a bit, but that just made us all feel old. In tradition of the 133rd running of the Preakness I decided I had to make some photos kind of antiqued. Pimlico is a really old track.

Just had to make sure my mom had a black eyed susan!


Big Brown to the finish line

After the preakness we headed home for a traditional MD crab feast! Yummy...nothing like crabs steamed in old bay!

On Sunday the rain returned. But we headed down to DC anyway for some sightseeing. We went to the Lincoln Memorial, but the rain really started coming.Now thats old skool, huh! I think i really like the action I used here.

So instead we drove to the Dulles Air and Space Museum. That place was pretty neat and was new to me. Then it was off to fly Virgin Atlantic back to LA.
----------------------------------------------
This photo is from a few weeks ago, but just wanted to post it anyway. It's Dave in La Jolla but I addded some texture for a unique feel. I got action...totally rad action! I also applied one of the BW Totally Rad actions. Haven't had much of a chance to use them yet, but so far I love them!

No comments: