Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Fire and Denver

Ok…It's official.

I've been keeping everyone guessing for a while now.

Our BIG news….Dave is accepting a job with a small company in Englewood, CO! Yup we're moving! Well...I guess at this point...Dave is moving.

Dave will be leaving Cali on Oct 21st…after we get back from our vacation.

What will I be doing…I'm looking to get a transfer with LM to the Denver area. I have no idea how long that will take, but we will be separated for a bit. But this is somoethng we are willing to do in order to get the chance to live in CO. We knew Cali would be temporary, just didn't know how temporary…3 years, 5 years, 10 years, etc…

But Dave's commute has really worn on him and we're both ready to live in Denver. So despite the horrible housing market we've decided to make the move!

It's going to be stressful and hard for a while as it was when I moved to Cali but I know we'll get through it in the end and everything will work out.

I have to say there is one thing I will not miss about cali...wildfire! I wish I had some photos to share. I've actually thought about trying to drive over to Acton and get some shots. But just haven't done it. I think Sunday would have been my best day to do that, but I didn't. Essentially the Station fire (its all over national news) burned up the mountains and over into Acton (about 15 miles south of us). So what does that mean for us…ash falling from the sky, lots of clouds, and the smell of smoke. Usually we don't get any us this in Palmdale…being that we are usually north east of the fires, with the way the wind blows were usually pretty lucky. But with the fire being closer it’s a different story. Sunday was so eiry…huge towering red clouds filed our sky. They say it won't be fully contatined until Sept 15th!

Looking forward to big snow storms instead.

No comments: