Monday, April 26, 2010

Lovin the City Life

So on Friday, I go to work and randomly decide to see how much an airline ticket is to Denver for the weekend. To my surprise direct flights were $149 leaving that night! Being that I don't mind being spontaneous I bought a ticket! Left work at 3 to go home and grab my tennis shoes and computer and drive to LAX. We spent Saturday wandering around Denver. It was kind of the Schanker Pub Crawl. We went to the Cheeky Monk (a Belgian bar), Great Divide, and Blake Street Tavern. Then it was off to the Avalanche Playoff Game. Unfortunately they lost. On Sunday we walked to North Cherry Creek to have Crepes for lunch. Then we walked over to the new Bike Kiosks to rent bikes. We rode the bikes into downtown and walked over to Coors Field to see the Rockies play. They won 8-3! Go Rockies! While we were there Dave got part of his bday present early - a jersey and I got a t shirt. It was a great weekend and I was really glad I went. Now I'm back in Cali - waiting for good things to happen.

No comments: