Monday, October 30, 2006

What's new with the Schanker's

Well, not to much really. This weekend was pretty low key as we were still resting up from our N. Cali Vacation. We managed to get some stuff done around the house. I mostly got done with painting our master bath while Dave cleaned out the garage. After going to Napa, I really want to put down the heated tile flooring in the master bath. It would be so nice on those cold winter mornings. So the time has changed and boy can we tell fall is here. I went for a 6 mile run yesterday and I loved seeing all the yellow fallen leaves on the roads. Our lows at night have been really getting down there too. Last week the thermometer on the car read 37 while I was driving into work. It's almost time to break out my winter coat and gloves. : )


So the other thing I did this weekend was a lot of thinking...about photography that is.
Since I was a little kid I’ve always had a love for Photography. I remember taking some birthday money when I was about 8 to Kmart and buying my first 35mm camera. (I had a 110mm before that). Remember those days of film and you had to choose between 35 and 110? Wow that seems so long ago. The camera I bought was bright pink, but I was so happy to have my own camera. Our house is decorated in almost every room with photos that I have taken. So I’ve decided that I want to become more advanced in my photography skills. As most of you know when Dave and I won some money off a slot machine in Vegas over a year ago, I took that money and invested in a Digital SLR. I’ve seen my photography improve over the last year, but I still have a lot to learn. So this weekend I drove myself down to Barnes and Nobles and searched through tons of photography books. When I finally found one I liked, I bought it and headed home. I figure this is my first step in the right direction. But I think I really should find some sort of class to enroll in. I know it’s going to take a lot of effort, but it’s something I am totally dedicated too. Check out this photo from Yosemite, I love the colors of the leaves and the contrast against the dark tree trunks.

No comments: