Saturday, November 04, 2006

5K Heaven

Dave is out of town this weekend in Kentucky for Breeders Cup. So I'm on my own. I decided to run a local 5K Saturday morning. Even though I'm still fighting through the shin splints, I was able to run really well. I iced both legs prior to the race and took some ibuprofen. I wasn't sure what to expect. The course has a bit of an upgrade so I wasn't expecting a PR (personal Record). The gun went off and I took off. I ran my first mile (up the upgrade) in about 7:10!!! Wow I was flying! I then slowed myself down a bit in fear I'd burn out. But at the same time I knew I could have a great time. My second mile was about 14:50 and I finished the race at 23:12. My final time beat my previous PR by 9 seconds! Go Me!! I'm so close to my goal, it's in reach. I really want to be able to run a 5K in under 23 minutes! So I'll keep at it and maybe in a month or so I'll be able to achieve it. (sorry no pics this time, since Dave is out of town). Anyway I finished 1st in my age group and 5th overall in females. I also finished 23rd overall (male and female)! Can't be disappointed with that at all!

Tomorrow morning Dave will be back. I am planning on meeting him in Santa Clarita. We are going to spend a few hours at Six Flags and then it is off to see the Blue Man Group Concert. I can't wait to see BMG. Anyone who attended our wedding knows how much we love the BMG. I hope the concert is just as good as the last one.

No comments: