Monday, November 27, 2006

Turkey Day Trip

For Thanksgiving this year Dave and I headed back to Florida. My folks drove down from Maryland, and joined us for turkey at the Scahnker’s house. Diane (my niece) came with them. While she was down there I decided to use her as my photography guinea pig. I took lots of photos of her so I could practice and get a good feel for shooting people. She even got to ride a horse while she was down there. We had a lot of fun going to parks and stuff during the weekend to take photos. See Diane's photos and feel free to leave comments and let me know what you think. While we were there I also got to see my brother, Trent, and my sister, Trina…along with all the nieces and nephews. So I again practiced my photography using the kids as subjects. On Saturday I ran a 5K race in Cocoa. There were not a ton of people so I managed to finish as 3rd overall female! Who would have thought? My time wasn’t even that great since I was really feeling the humidity down there (23:58). Sunday we spent with the Schanker family. We played miniature golf in Port Canaveral and then headed down to Melbourne for dinner with a few friends. It was really weird to be back in that part of Melbourne, since we were right by my old house. Sunday night we hung out and played some games, and then it was off to bed so we could get up at 4:30am to head to the airport. It was a nice trip, but we are glad to be back at home. We came back to cooler weather. The highs are in the 50’s and the lows are supposed to drop into the teens and 20’s. This weekend we will be home, but the following weekend is our first ski trip of the year! I can’t wait.

No comments: