Monday, February 19, 2007

Weekend Recap - Ski Trip!

After mammoth mountain finally recieved a good amount of snow, Dave and I quickly determined an available weekend to drive up to mammoth. It just happened our free weekend was President's day weekend and all the condos were requiring a 3 night minimum. So on Thursday we called the Condo rental agency and they gave us a place that hadn't been rented yet. It was about 1/6 mile from the lifts and had some really good size hot tubs. So we really can't complain for last minute reservations! We left work a tad early on Friday to get to mammoth by dinner time. After checking in we ate dinner at the condo and enjoyed some hot tub time. We then turned in early to be well rested for a full day on the slopes. I got up about 6:30 to try and snap a few photos of the mountain in the early morning sun. Then I woke Dave up for breakfast and we headed to the lifts. Saturday was great...bright blue skies, no wind, and awesome powder. Saturday night we again enjoyed time at the hot tub. Sunday morning we woke up to snow showers. So all day we had fresh powder although the visibility was not to good. We still had a great day. I'm so impressed with the progress both Dave and I have made with out skiing skills. Dave has only been skiing for a few seasons but wow did he look good this weekend. He was even skiing moguls like he'd been doing it for years (he had lots of trouble with this last year). I on the other hand have become so confident on my skis that I just fly down the mountain. I finally ski like someone who learned 15 year ago. Even the moguls didn't give me much trouble. It is so nice to feel so confident and just go. I can't wait to get back on the slopes!

No comments: