Thursday, February 22, 2007

A wonderful sight to see...clouds and gloomy weather

Most people frown upon seeing clouds and rain in the froecast. But at this time of year that is a welcomed happy day for a skier. So it is currenlty raining in the antelope valley and it's cold. I don't think the high got up over 47 today. Meaning our mountains are getting snow. Sweeettt!!!! And we will be skiing for a few more months. The snow should be over by tomorrow morning, just in time for our weekend trip to Sequoia NP. We are staying at the lodge on the mountain (~8000ft elevation) and they are expecnting 2 feet of snow! I am off on friday but Dave has to work, so as soon as he gets home we'll be on the road. We will have lots of fresh snow to play in. Our plans are to sled ride, snowshoe on some of the trails, and take tons of photos! Speaking of photos...I learned some stuff at my photography class that I should have known about months ago. Well I'm hoping it'll come in handy this weekend and I'll get some awesome photos. We'll see. I am so looking forward to this trip, even though we won't be skiing (downhill). But I promise next weekend we will be on the slopes somewhere! I really love winter!

No comments: