Monday, April 23, 2007

Home is where the heart is

This past weekend, I took a weekend trip to MD to visit my family and ensure my bridesmaid dress fits prior to Brenda’s Wedding. The weekend was pretty uneventful. I pretty much hung out at my parent’s house. We did order crabs for Sat night, then I spent Sunday wandering around DC with Brenda. I did take the camera and tried to take some photos, although there wasn’t a lot to take on this trip. I did capture some photos of flowers in spring bloom and some scenes around Carroll County. What do you think??? Leave me comments, Please!



I have to say it seems to get weirder and weirder every time I go back. I mean I start to feel more out of place there. It’s funny that when I lived in FL I always still considered MD my home, but I think that’s because I really disliked FL and it always felt temporary to me. But once I moved to Cali and got comfortable, I think I lost that feeling of MD being my home. I now have a house, husband, and good job in Cali, which doesn’t feel temporary at all, but much more permanent. I love Cali and all the things to do, the desert may not be so great, but it’s worth it for everything we get to do. I actually now consider CA my home and MD seems so far away and strange. It truly is amazing how things change over a certain period of time. I think I now think of MD as more of my childhood and CA and my grown up and on my own home. But I like that. I always liked MD and probably took it for granted when I lived there. But I really love Cali. I don’t know if it is really the difference of hating FL and loving Cali or if it’s just the fact that I love my job and I love being married Dave. Maybe it’s just a combination of all things. But moving out here was definatly like starting off a fresh clean slate.

No comments: