Monday, April 02, 2007

Easter Weekend 2007

Where in Cali will the Schankers be this weekend?...camping in Big Sur. if you don't know where Big Sur is it is about 20 miles south of Monterey on the coast along the PCH. We will be camping at the state park there. We really have no plans really, but it'll probably involve some hiking, some wine, and a few campfires. It looks like we will be seeing a couple of friends while we are up there to. We're both pretty excited and for once we both have a three day weekend. It's going to be tons o fun! I love the area up there. Besides the Sierras it's my favorite place in Cali. I love the scenery and seeing all the seals and sea otters.

This past weekend: Was pretty uneventful for us. We were hard at work getting things done around the house. Another 2-3 hour power outage on Saturday kept me from working on the Crown Molding. But I did finish the paint in the kitchen plus a few other odds and ends.

The new color in the kitchen
Dave worked very hard on our lawn. Some of those cold winter nights this year were pretty harsh on the grass and apparently our sprinkler system too. As Dave pretty much decided to replace all the sprinkler heads. He also fertilized so hopefully we’ll have a really green yard in no time. It’s crazy, I’m still not used to getting brown grass in the winter as FL never got cold enough for that to happen. Saturday night we decided we had worked hard so we went to dinner at Famous Dave’s and then watched a movie at home. Sunday we went to have our Kitchen designed and get the quote. Oh boy! We still have decisions to make before we make it all final. I also got the bike out this weekend and got it ready to ride. So Sunday evening I went out for about an hour and half. I rode through the desert. Its kind of eeiry out there at times…no one around, just vast land with lots of sage brush. It was kind of relaxing just being out there pedaling along. In May I am doing the Tour De Cure and will be riding 30 miles. I didn’t sign up for the 65 mile ride, because I was unsure if I should go that far since I haven’t been biking much. I’m in great shape, but I didn’t know about biking shape. The mileage I did on Sunday was pretty easy and I didn’t even feel tired when I got home (running is so much more intensive then biking). So riding for a few hours shouldn’t be a problem. Don’t forget if you want to donate to the Diabetes Association for the Tour De Cure…click here. I appreciate any donations that can be made.

No comments: