Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Photography updates and more photos

I posted photos form the birthday party I photographed on Saturday. Check them out!. I love shooting photojournalistically. So much fun! My new lens really helped. I was able to stand pretty far away and get photos that some people didn’t even know I took. Well at least until the flash went off! I managed to do pretty well with bouncing the flash to. I didn’t even use my new softbox this time around. I really was enjoying bouncing the flash of walls, ceilings, etc… I love photography so much. I do these shoots every so often and I truly have fun. It’s not even like a second job or anything. I just love it! It’s kinda like a challenge to me to (how to make things unique and interesting). So last night I ordered new business cards. These ones have my new email and website on them. They go right along with the theme of the website and I went with a blue and brown color scheme. I really like them, so I hope they turn out good. I’ve also designed some 4x6 photo advertisements. Now I just have to figure out where and how to advertise. I keep thinking this would be so much easier if we actually had kids. I’d know where to go. But since we don’t have kids I really don’t know where to go.

So our weather out here in the desert looks kinda wacky this week. We have 4 or 5 days with a chance or either rain or snow! Come on snow! How awesome would that be? We defiantly need the rain though. It was pretty chilly yesterday, about 46 with a wind chill.

So this weekend I think Dave and I are going to go down to Santa Anita. I want to try out the new lens at the horse track and Dave obviously wants to go see the races. I want to play around with panning with the horses and some slower shutter speeds. I’m hoping we’ll end up in Pasadena for dinner and shopping afterwards! And then on Sunday is the MD vs Duke basketball game at UMD! GO TERPS!

No comments: