Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Making Progress...

And it feels great!

I feel like I can breathe again.

Finally got the ALL the family photos done from a few weeks ago on Monday! That's like a huge sigh of relief. I've been feeling a bit stressed with that hanging over my head. So it was nice to send out the emails and say..they are all done! Now I just have to take care of the wedding photos and then it'll be back into sessions again in August. I'll be shooting an 11 year old in early August. She'll be in town visiting her grandparents. So I think the photos will be a bit of a surprise for the parents. Then I think I have a senior session at the end of August…another out of towner!

As a complete side note I'm getting really frustrated with photo editing on PC monitors! I have three monitors (dual monitors for my desktop and a laptop) which none of them completely match, even though they are calibrated. Erghh…I'm really thinking I may be switching to a mac by the end of the year, especially since it seems that my laptop is slowly coming to its demise. (although it seems to be working since we whacked it with a remote control!)
This Saturday I will be at a workshop all day. It's geared towards kids and seniors (just in time for my August sessions). There will be models so we get to shoot as well..plus lots of lightroom and photoshop techniques. Should be a good full day with lots to learn and absorb. I'm pretty excited about it.

Speaking of being excited...I'm so excited about vacation at the end of the year too. Although we still don't have a final destination figured out…but it looks like it will be Europe with 2 friends from the East Coast. It is pretty much guaranteed to be loads of fun. I think destinations on the plate right now are Greece, Austria or Switzerland for some skiing, or Spain. All those places sound great. I so can't wait. But I'm saving 4 vacation days to attend WPPI in Feb. Dave actually said to me this weekend when we went to Pechanaga, that he's not sure what he's going to do in Vegas for 5 days! Wow, can you believe that came out of Dave's mouth! I think he'll find plenty to do while I'm off at classes. :) I am getting pretty excited about my first WPPI expereince, even though I may not know anyone there. Should be a great experience and an oportunity to meet some of the people I admire so much.

No comments: