Monday, July 07, 2008

More From Mammoth

Sorry ,I ran out of time last night, so here are a few more photos from the weekend. While we watched the fireworks from Crowley Lake the sky was doing some pretty neat colors and there was this little tiny crescent moon. I have some photos with orange in them, that are really cool, but we were in a not so great photo location. There were telephone poles in the way. Not that it makes the photo awful. I think the worst thing was the headlights heading down the road. So I'll see if I can clean it up a bit and post it later.
So the fireworks were much better than I expected. I figured being out in the middle of the mountains it wouldn't be all that great. Plus I usually have high expectations since I'm from Maryland (I used to watch fireworks in cities like Baltimore, DC, NYC, and Philly).


A few more lake footage photos from around Mammoth. For the first time I realized why the town is called "Mammoth Lakes". There are lot of lakes around there. I never knew since they are usually covered in snow!
We made one last stop before heading home...see if you recgonize it.
No clue....here let me give you a hint.

Does that help? Ok if not, think of a specific Nature Valley Granola Bar Commercial....

Yup you got it... Convict Lake.

Unfortunately the lighting was just horrendous while we were there. And I knew it would be, but I love that place and wanted to stop quickly. I think we're going to go back up in the fall for my birthday so maybe I can get some better photos then.

1 comment:

Mirdonamy said...

Looks beautiful up there! I hope to visit one day :)