Thursday, July 09, 2009

Vacation Countdown

Only 82 days to go! Can't believe this will be my 4th time to Europe!

This trip is all coming together pretty well! The airlines tickets are booked and the details are being worked out. So far what I pretty much know is that we will be visitng Oslo, Flam. Bergen, Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, Coppenhagen, Malmo, and Brussels! All in 16 days. Dave really wants to go to this town called Tromso…its in the artic circle…but I just don't know how to fit it in. I guess it’s the best place to see the northern lights …but its supposed to be a full moon at the time we'd be there! So I think that is a no go although the artic circle would be awesome!!!! . Right now the itenerary looks like this

D1- Oslo
D2- Oslo
D3- Train to Flam
D4 - Fjord boat tour and on to Bergen
D5- Bergen
D6 - Stockholm
D7 - Stockholm
D8 - Stockholm
D9- Helsinki
D10-Tallinn- this will be my birthday
D11-Coppenhagen
D12- Coppenhagen
D13- Day trip outside of Coppenhagen - probably one of the castles
D14 - Malmo, Sweden
D15- Brussels
D16 - Brussels - this is our 5th anniversary and Green Day is playing in Antwerp (45 minutes away!!!)

It’s a good thing we like to be on the go! I'm so glad Dave isn't the type of guy to want to go lounge around on the beach for a week…I just can't handle those type of vacations. Even when we went to Hawaii we were always on the go.

I've been reseraching hotels and the prices aren't as bad as I was expecting. I've learned that in Europe you should try and book 4 stars or higher. There are some really cute hotels in Copenhagen. I'm really stoked to be going to Stockholm (ever since I saw Becker's photos) and Copenhagen (been wanting to go here for a while).

1 comment:

Nicole4FLDU said...

WOW! Cant wait to see the pix!