Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Runnin' in Denver

It's an adjustment for sure. You wouldn't think that only another 2700 feet in elevation would make a difference but it does! It's hard! Today I ran for about 40 min. Now I'm not making excuses but it was probably one of the hardest runs I've had lately. Not only is there the altitude, but the fact that my nose runs like a faucet in the cold weather, there are some good hills out there, and I had no idea I was running with the breeze when I started out. So I had to run against it on the way back. Its no wonder that Denver is one of the healthiest cities in the US.

Denver is so for me...I never want to leave. Everything I like is right here...running trails, biking, skiing, cross country skiing, hiking! Seriously, how did I live in FL for 9 years of my life!!! So sad that I have to drive back to Cali on Monday.

No comments: