Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I Love Winter...

I do love winter…have I ever mentioned that!? I’m sure I have at lease once or twice in my life! :)
I love the cold weather, I love bundling up in bulky coats and scarfs. I love sitting by the fireplace and sipping hot chocolate. I love the crisp air and chance of snow…Yup I said chance of snow! We live in Southern Cali but at a high elevation (well, high compared to where we used to live in Florida) and it gets cold here. So this weekends forecast is …highs in the 40’s, winds of 20-25 mph, lows of about 12, and a chance for SNOW!!! Oh do I hope it snows. I know it won’t be much, but I’ll take anything I get my hands on. I grew up in Maryland where we had decent snow falls every winter. I do miss that. It seems like we get all the cold and none of the snow here. I guess that’s what we get for living in a desert climate. Although last winter we had a good 1-2 inches covering the back yard. So for all you Floridians out there reading this….I know you like your 80 degree winter days, but I live for the cold and snowy ones!

No comments: