Friday, January 19, 2007

Lot of Big Plans

I am in my trip planning mode again, now that the holidays are over with. Next month, we have two weekend trip planned into the mountains. First we will go to Yosemite. We are staying on the valley floor and hoping to have some snow! I can’t wait to see Yosemite covered in snow! Then two weeks late we are going to Sequoia. Where we will hike and play in the snow there too. I will take tons of photos and post them on smugmug. So keep a watch for them. In March we will head up to Mammoth Lakes for a weekend of skiing. Then in April it’s off to Tahoe for a 3 day weekend of more skiing. I will also be reserving a campsite at Yosemite so we can go hike to Half Dome again. Once spring hits I have so many ideas for training hikes in the sierras, so I’m sure we will be camping and hiking quite a bit. I’ve also started planning Schanker European Vacation Part 2! We will be going to Scotland, London, and Paris all before going to my friends wedding in PA. In July, we are going to go to Cooperstown, NY to see Cal Ripken get inducted to the Hall of Fame! So we have a lot of things going on.

For the short term: We are staying local. Dave’s sister will be visiting next weekend in which we plan to go play in the snow at our local mountains, including a day of skiing. This weekend I plan to go out and shoot some photos locally. Then we are having people over on Sunday to watch the football game. People can now watch the game upstairs or downstairs. I took my photos back to my photography class this week. The photographer looked at them again, and told me I defiantly have an eye for photography. He was surprised that I had not taken any classes before. So I’m thinking I need to start taking some advanced classes and maybe I can start some sort of side photography business.

No comments: