Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Vegas Luck

Our New Years weekend trip to Vegas was eventful to say the least. I’d have to consider ourselves very lucky, but not in the form of luck you would think of with Vegas. On our way out to Vegas we had an interesting experience. We were driving along highway 15, when all of a sudden we saw someone driving very erratically through traffic. Not long after that we noticed several accidents along the road and a police car traveling up the left hand shoulder. Eventually the traffic came to a standstill and we were parked. The 15 was closed off in both directions. The crazy vehicle blew a tire and couldn’t anywhere. Several cop cars came to the scene and more arrived over time. The driver refused to get out of the car and started a 1.5 hour standoff. Finally the police shot Tear Gas (we believe) in to the vehicle, then approached and pulled him out. The driver must have caused at least 10 accidents on the road. Dave and I felt very lucky we were not one of them. All of this happened about 500 feet in from of us! Then our luck continued on Monday morning. I awoke from our long night of celebrating in Vegas to discover I did not have my wallet. I immediately figured I got pick pocketed on the street and started calling the credit card companies. After checking out of the hotel we retraced our steps and headed to the MGM. Luckily the security at the MGM had my wallet with all the cash still inside!!! Wow! I felt so lucky. At that point I really didn’t even care if I won or lost in Vegas. I already felt lucky enough for the weekend. I just hope this weekend wasn’t some sort of sign of what the year will be like for the Schanker’s!


Anyways, we had a blast in Vegas and it was good as usual to see Brenda and Mark. We played lots of games, caught up on the year, and enjoyed the new years scene.

Well, we hope that everyone had great new years and enjoyed your time. We had a blast in Vegas as always. We hope everyone has a great 2007!

No comments: