Thursday, January 04, 2007

This is what I live for...

Two of my favorite things are photography and travel. Luckily these can go hand in hand.

Yesterday was my first day of my mini photography class. I signed up for this class offered through the city of Lancaster. It is taught by a local photographer, and he is pretty darn good! I think this is my first step to learning more and applying it to my photos. Last night we learned about composition and the rule of thirds. I think I already pretty much apply this to my photos. I never like normal photos and have always tried to get my subjects off center. Next week, will get more technical and hopefully I'll pick up a think or two on shutter speed and aperture. I know the basics, but I need to understand more so I can just shoot and not cheat by looking at the display. I'm excited that I'm finally learning about photography. I find I'm at the point where I can actually give other people advice now. Next week we have to bring in photos for him to Critique. So we'll see what he thinks of my work, huh! That's a little nerve racking. I'm sure most of the people in the class don't care as much as I do.

This week I have also started to explore our options for our May 2007 vacation. Can you believe its only 5 months away! Dave really wants a Guinness in Dublin and since I've been there and know my way around, I think we will start the trip there. Then we will head to Edinburgh for 5 days in Scotland, then head to London for 2.5 days. After London we will travel to Paris (to see the rest of the city) for another 2.5 days. Then it will be back to the states for my Friend's (Brenda) wedding near Pittsburgh. We will be gone for a little over 2 weeks. It should be a blast. I so can't wait! I love to travel with Dave. We have so much fun.

In the meantime we will be enjoying the skiing in the sierras, a weekend winter trip to Yosemite, and skiing at Lake Tahoe.

House Update: So we are really trying to get the house to where I would like it. Lately I have installed Wainscoting in the upstairs hallway bathroom. I also finally finished installing the quarter round downstairs. We are trying to put together ideas for the loft (where our pool table is). WE went to circuit city and ordered a 50" plasmas tv to put on the wall opposite the pool table. Now we need curtains, seating, and a black cabinet to but in the alcove area. I will also be finishing the chair railing the LR/DR and starting crown moulding. The next major project is remodeling of the kitchen. But we will have that done by Lowe's or a kitchen place. I can't wait to have new cherry cabinets in a dark stain and either Zodiaq or Corian counter tops!!! Oh boy! It's funny how stuff like that makes me happy.

No comments: