Monday, March 12, 2007

March Madness is Here!

Oh boy! It's a great time of year! March Madness! For thos of you who aren't familiar, I'm talking about the NCAA Div 1 Tournament. And boy will Maryland fans be busy watching games. Not only have the mens been seeded as 4th in the Midwest division, but the women are a second seed! So we have two teams to root for this year. And a possible repeat for UMD women. sweet! I'm so excited. So UMD mens will play Davidson on Thursday afternoon. Part of me thinks they can go far. As I do agree with lots of the commentary I have heard through ESPN. MD mens has athletism and talent. If they show up and play as they did the last 8 games of ACC play it'll be very hard to get past them (yes, even the gators). MD can be tough and they play in only the best confrence in college basketball. Therefore they are used to playing tough games and they are used to playing with rowdy crowds. (thats a huge difference dave and I have noticed about watching ACC and SEC games, the crowd in the SEC is so calm!) You go to an ACC game and you never sit down, in fact you jump most of the time! MD knows how to play and MD knows how to play off a crowd. They've already beat UNC once this year and Duke twice (even at the Dukies home place) plus there are the wins agains Illinois, Michigan, and breaking Clemson's undefeated record. I'd watch this team for sure. One commentator I heard today predicted if two ACC teams only were to make it to the sweet 16 it would be UMD and UNC! If UMD shows up deteremined and with all there might they can be very dangerous. My picks in my bracket for final four today were UNC, Texas A&M, Oregon (I changed my mind, although my bracket has UMD), and Kansas.

Watch a UMD Mens short video
http://link.paciolan.com/index.cfm?n2012s101c29433t101o240

No comments: