Monday, March 26, 2007

A Cali Favorite Pastime

This weekend was a 3 day weekend for me. So I spent all of Friday re-painting the Kitchen. Since deciding to remodel we knew we would have to change the color because the blue in there now is way to dark to go with our new cabinet plans. So instead we decided to paint it a much lighter blue/purple color. I only got about half way done on Friday. So I spent Saturday listening to college basketball and doing more painting. About 7pm I was so over painting so I cleaned up even though I still had about 3 hours of work left. Dave ran around Saturday trying to determine what was wrong with out backyard sprinkler system. So after a day of hard work on Saturday I told him we needed to go have some fun together. So we headed to bed early and got up Sunday morning and drove to Santa Barbara (about 2 hours away) where we drove into the hills for an afternoon of wine tasting. We must have hit 6 different wineries and bought 4 bottles of wine to take home. While we were there we ate at Wine Cask in this cute small town “Los Oblivios”. The town was so cute and if you blinked while driving you would totally miss it. We actually did miss it the first time we drove by. Our favorite wines were at Fess Parker and their sister winery Epiphany. About 4pm we decided to head back down to Santa Barbara where we wandered around the beach and pier. We finished the day with dinner on the Pier at Moby Dicks. Then we were homeward bound. It was a nice ending to the weekend. I of course took photos (some good ones too) so check back for a link to the gallery soon. I really love going wine tasting with dave, we have so much fun together. And we've both really gotten into tasting all the wines. It works out well though because he really only likes the whites and will tolerate the reds, where as I will drink either. So I usually end up with most of the red. Its so much fun just wandering around the property of each winery. They are all so elegant and nice. We decided that next time we will bring a picnic lunch to enjoy. What fun! I can't wait to do it again.
Here are a few photos. Please let me know what you think, I'd love to get some feedback in the comments. I shot all of these in manual.
The rest of the photos can be seen at http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/2631255

No comments: