Monday, December 03, 2007

Photo Slideshow If Your Interested

Wow, I’ve been so busy with photography stuff lately. It’s good though. Just means I’m getting a lot more experience, which is what I want! And I learn something at every Photoshoot I do. I really hope everyone likes their photos! From the feedback I’ve been getting, it sure seems like they do. I just recently posted Tyler and Jaime’s slideshow. So check it out if you want (http://micheleschanker.blogspot.com/2007/12/shelbert-family-slideshow.html). I’m hoping to have a separate website (besides Schanker.smugmug) for my photojournalistic style photography real soon. By real soon, I’m thinking early 2008. I realized I have had a photoshoot every weekend, except thanksgiving weekend and I have two more before the holidays. This weekend I will be shooting a birthday party for a child who is turning 1 year! Then its back to doing engagement photos.

This weekend was pretty low key again (pretty unusual for us). With all the photography stuff going on and the holidays coming up we’re not traveling anywhere until after Christmas. Friday was my day off, but it rained all day so I did my Christmas shopping from the computer while Dave was at work. Yeah, I know I used to live in Fl where I was used to rain. But out here its a whole different story. I don’t like to go out in the rain unless I have to. The roads just flood so badly. They literally turn into rivers. Hydroplaning is not my idea of fun! I did manage to squeeze in a 5 mile run late on Friday between the periods of rain. Saturday Dave bet the horses with his dad (via telephone) while I shot photos of some friends kids. Then we both headed out to go Christmas shopping and to dinner. Sunday I worked on some more photo stuff, Dave watched the Bears game, I went for a 5 mile run, and then we both watched the Terps basketball game. So I’m up to 5 miles with my running right now and no shin splint pain!!!! So I think I’m going to keep going and see how far I can push it. With any luck maybe I can train for another half marathon! But I have a sneaky suspicion that as soon as I reach 7 or 8 miles I’ll be back to painful running.

I’m pretty excited about Christmas this year, even though it will only be the two of us. I love buying presents for Dave. I get more excited about him opening his presents. But I think I’m really looking forward to going to Lake Tahoe right after Christmas! That is going to be soooooo much fun! And I am so ready to go skiing….come on snow!!! Apparently the storm we had on Friday didn’t hit the Sierras, but they are calling for more by the end of the week! We’ll be keeping our fingers crossed! It has been pretty chilly the last few days. This morning I had to wait for the car to warm up before going to work since it was covered in ice. The thermometer read 32 at 7:20 this morning.

No comments: