Thursday, December 20, 2007

Solvang, CA

Last Friday was my day off of work, so on Thursday I drove over to Solvang to visit with some friends. It just happened that two of my former co workers in Florida were on a business trip at Vandenberg, AFB. We had fun having dinner at the Hitching Post (along with some wine, of course). Since it was a bit of a drive out there I got a hotel room in Solvang for the night which gave me a good excuse to go visit with my cousin and his family again. When I woke up in the morning I went outside and noticed how awesome of a morning it was for photos. The lighting was perfect and there was hardly anyone on the streets. So after a short morning run and a quick breakfast I went for a walk to take photos. Here are some completely unedited (well except for black and white conversion) photos of some of the things I saw. If your not familiar with Solvang it is this Danish inspired town. All the buildings look very German. It's kind of touristy, but really neat atmosphere.


A bit of on purpose lens flare




Then on Sunday, there were hot air balloons over our house! I really needed more than a 300mm lens though!

No comments: