Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lost and Found Vacation (and photos)

Dave and I have decided today on the way home to nickname this trip the "Lost and Found trip".

On Monday we woke up to very overcast gray clouds! We knew the snow was on the way. The morning wasn't to bad, just gray. Which is tough when your skiing because it is very hard to see all the bumps and moguls when the light is that flat. About noon or so the snow started and didn't stop all day. So the visibility got worse, but we still had a good time. I was pretty much forced to ski the "easier"( double blues, etc..) stuff all day because I couldn't see very well. I did do a few black mogul trails, but it was very tough to see them. We only made it up on Sublett Lift once, because the wind was horrendous. By the end of the day we had some nice powder for our last few runs.

So now for the real reason of the nick name of this trip. After lunch we decided to take the gondola up the mountain. We got up there and put our skis on and Dave realizes he doesn't have his poles! He left them in the gondola! Ooopss! So the lift people said they'd call down to the bottom and have them hold the poles for us. So Dave has to ski down the hill with no poles. Which isn't to big of a deal, its just hard to get used to. We get to the gondola...and no poles! So we go back up again...still no poles. So we figure maybe someone took them or something. Dave got a rental pair for the rest of the day. About 3pm we decided to take the gondola one more time. Guess what...they were there. So we managed to lose and find a ski then lose and find ski poles all in the same trip! Pretty crazy huh.

So I know I've totally slacked on posting photos. Ski trips for us are so busy. I hardly find time to even take photos. As I won't ski with a camera, since I'm a bit daring on skis. So my photography is limited to on and off the slopes time only. I haven't gone through them all yet, so I haven't picked out my favorites. But here's a few that I quickly picked out :

Dave on the sleigh ride ( I tried to get a candid shot, but he noticed the camera and turned and looked at me, oh well. It's still cute. )


Some Elk at the Reserve

More Elk

At the elk reserve... the bird in the tree is a Bald Eagle
Moose Crossing

The Snake River
One of the moose who frequented our condo complex
Sunrise light on the mountains behind our condo complex (It was -2 degrees when I took this photo at ~7:45am)

Hope you enjoyed some of the photos. Check the smugmug site soon for more.

1 comment:

Mirdonamy said...

Wow, what a trip! Glad Dave found his poles! Can't wait to see the rest of the pix!