Sunday, March 02, 2008

Weekend at Home

So this weekend we were actually home the entire weekend! The first in a while (and I think the only one this month!). It was still pretty fun. So Friday we met our friends Arielle and John for dinner and bowling! I bowled a 205 in my first game! Guess I still have some of that magic touch! Dave did well the second game (can't recall his score). Saturday we had some much needed cleaning to get done around the house and then it was off to Lake Elizabeth Golf Course. I tagged along with Dave for an afternoon of golfing to take photos with my new camera. It proved to be a good practice afternoon for both us. Dave worked on his golf game while I worked on photography techniques.

An attempt that worked pretty well at high speed sync flash with a sunburst!
I love how I framed Dave hitting the ball with the golf cart!

I completely froze though and couldn't wait to get back in the car. It was only like 50 degrees, but the wind was a killer. Gotta love those wind chills! Saturday night it was off to our friends house for dinner. It's always nice to go over there and spend some time with there kids. They are just so cute! Then we got up early on Sunday to go skiing at Mountain High. Another cold wind chilled day. The skiing was okay, the snow was not what it was a few weeks ago. But it's always good to be out on the slopes. Unfortunately the winds kept my favorite area of the mountain from opening. Then it was off to come home and watch the MD game, which turned out to be very disappointing. They were winning by 20 points and lost the game at the very end! Not a good note to end the weekend on. Next weekend we'll be skiing at mammoth. So check back for photos! The new camera is working out well. I really like it! The raw photos have been huge...ranging in size from 12-16MB!!!!

1 comment:

Mirdonamy said...

Nice shots! I am trying to learn new photoshop techniques. I'm active at DPChallenge.com again too, so more challenges ahead!