Sunday, April 05, 2009

So Far This Weekend...

So this weekend Dave's sister and dad have been out visiting. And its been one of my 3 day weekends. Friday I had a photo shoot with a 3 month old baby. 3 mos is a hard age to do, for sure. I learned some lessons, but I do think I got some good shots. You can see one on my photo blog and more will be coming. The rest of the day on Friday we went bowling and cooked dinner at home. They played some Mario cart on Wii during the evening. Then it was off to bed cause we had to get up at 5:30am!

Yup 5:30 on a Saturday! needed enough time to fuel up and get down to Santa Anita for our annual Derby Day 5K run. Due to lots of circumstances I haven't run very much lately and I knew I wouldn't do well. I did what I qualify as "ok". I typically run at about a 7:30- 7:45 pace for 5 K races...and this one I was at just about the 8 min/mile pace...so much slower for me. Surprisingly I felt good strength and endurance wise, my downfall was that I was severely dehydrated when I started. I immediately had cotton mouth and therefore got a bad cramp in my side...before I even reached mile 1!!! I pushed my way through it, but I was in pain. So I had to slow down. My first mile was at 7:45...but I slowed down a lot after that. This race is hard though cause its kinda hilly, then there is the fact that you finish on a horse track. So I finished 13th in my age group. Which isn't bad when there are over 2000 people running! So not to say I'm disappointed, it just wasn't my best race. My official time isn't my actual time since they don't do chip timing. But My stop watch said I did 24:51. I'm usually in the 23 range...so about a minute off!!! That's a lot in the running world!

The rest of the day spent at Santa Anita then it was off to Pasadena for Spanish Tapas. We completed the day with an exhibition game at Dodger Stadium. This was my first time to dodger stadium...I have to say I was NOT impressed! Being from Baltimore and being used to Camden Yards...this stadium is very out dated and plain. Not what you would expect for LA!













1 comment:

Michele Schanker said...

Checked out the results and I was 46th overall female (last year I was 44th). There were 1200 females that ran in the open 5k!!!