Sunday, April 26, 2009

Playing Catch Up

This week I managed to catch up on all my photography stuff. I finished the wedding proofs, I finished the baby session proofs, I ordered referral cards, ordered vendor postcards, and I ordered some more sample prints including some thin wraps!! I can't wait til some of this stuff gets here. Anyway if you don't follow my photog blog check this out. When I shoot baby sessions I like to keep a photojournalistic approach. I call this lifestyle sessions. In other words I want to capture the kids doing this they normally do...such as being fed, taking bath, or playing with a toy. This sideshow is my take on the baby session I just did.

Tonight should be nice and relaxing. We bought crab meat at Costco so I'm making Maryland style crab cakes at home. Yummy Yummy! BUt we'll be back in MD in a few weekends and will surly get our fill of crab then. But we were totally craving it.
But here's the thing...Costco switched up the brand of crab meat they carry. It used to be a reputable name that I knew in Maryland. Now it Chicken of the Sea. Well, I opened the can, tasted the crab meat, and it was MUSHY! I know exactly when this happens..the crabs are coked to long and have to much water in them. I was very upset since this stuff is not cheap. So I sent them an email. We'll see what they say. But this stuff never should have passed through quality control! We cooked with it anyway, and it was okay...just not the great crab cakes I'm used to.

Tonight I went for a run! I was so nice out...something like 64 degrees and a light breeze. I wish it would stay like this all the way through summer. I'm dreaking the summer heat. But at least it hasn't hit yet. Hopefully we have another month before the comes.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

No comments: