Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What Luck!

Seriously, I feel like I am having some horrible luck these last few days.

Dave left last Wednesday, so I've been by myself ever since. It's an adjustment for both of us. It totally stinks but its kind of the price we have to pay to try and make our dreams work out. I still don't have a job in Denver and I'm hoping something come through soon. The one thing holding me together was that I had a weekend trip planned to Denver.

I said Had...cause my hopes aren't to high about getting there right now. Here is the weather statement for the area...
... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 PM MDT THURSDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 PM MDT THURSDAY.

SNOW WILL BECOME WIDESPREAD THIS EVENING AND CONTINUE INTO THURSDAY. SNOW WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES ESPECIALLY WEDNESDSAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT. SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS WILL RANGE FROM 12 TO 24 INCHES WITH UP TO 3 FEET POSSIBLE IN FAVORED UPSLOPE AREAS IN THE FOOTHILLS. NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS AT 15 TO 30 MPH WILL PRODUCE EXTENSIVE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW IN OPEN AREAS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

RESIDENTS SHOULD PREPARE FOR A LONG PERIOD OF WINTER STORM CONDITIONS WITH DIFFICULT OR IMPOSSIBLE TRAVEL ON WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY. EXPECT CONDITIONS TO DETERIORATE CONSIDERABLY DURING THE MORNING WEDNESDAY. CONSIDER COMPLETING TRAVEL BEFORE THE STORM IF POSSIBLE. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY... TAKE ALONG A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT.

But I still dream of the day that we live in Denver, have a house there and are all settled in. I see us owning season passes to the local ski mountains and enjoying some great hikes in the summers. It has everything that Cali has but much closer. Dave no longer has a huge commute and it will only take us a little over an hour to go skiing. It's a dream come true for us.

No comments: