Sunday, June 13, 2010

Acomplishment Complete!

I seriously ran the hardest race of my running life today. The conditions were not very favorable. It was cold, but I like that. I run so much better in cold weather. What I had working against me was the fact that I was running anywhere from 7500-7900 feet in elevation. Then there was the fact that Colorado got 2 days of rain! So yes I had to run in the cold and the rain! I think my hands went numb after about mile 3. At first I went out wanting the best time that I could get. I knew my times in CA were around the 1:46 range, after about mile 4 or 5 I remember thinking to myself I just want to survive! It was that hard. Miles 4-7 were pretty much a straight and steady climb uphill. So how did I do? I finished about 10 min over my cali time...1:56. But apparently that was good enough for me to finish 3rd in my age group and as the 13th overall female. I am in no way disappointed with that. In fact I am so glad I did it and I feel really good about it. The funny thing is I wanted to do this race so I could run with the view of the rocky mountains, but the weather was so bad we couldn't see anything for the 2 days we were there. We did see some deer and moose though! We even had a deer run in front of us on the course.

No comments: