Sunday, June 27, 2010

Livin in Denver!

So I made it..and so did our 10 year old Pontiac. It took me almost 17 hours to make the drive to Denver. I was thinking it would be quicker this time since I wouldn't have winter weather. But instead I had construction. I left at 5am PST and arrived at 11pm MDT. After sleeping in on Saturday and unpacking the car we finally made our way tot eh nearest Subaru dealership where we found an Outback that we liked and purchased it on the stop. Bye Bye Pontiac. You were good to me, but its time for a car with awesome all wheel drive.

This moring we got up and headed to Invesco Field to run int he Stadium Stampede 5K. I ran my best Denver time so far, 23:56 (a 7:44 pace). I placed 5th in my age group out of 46 and placed 11th overall female. I'm very glad to see that my times are improving. Now its off to do some shopping so we can get a little more situated around here.

Tomorrow morning I get up and head to my first day of work. It really feels odd that I'm not flying back to Cali and I'm not going to my job in Palmdale. Its going to be a big adjustment.

No comments: