Sunday, June 06, 2010

Run Forest Run!

I think I've officially been a runner for about 7 years now. I go in waves, cause I battle severe shin splints that WILL result in stress fractures. (been there!). So this spring I was pretty stressed with my job situation in Denver...so what did I do to combat the stress. What any normal human being would do...Run, a lot. Okay, maybe not everyone handles stress that way, but honestly it took my mind off of everything for about an hour out of my day. I was running 30+ miles a week. Before I knew it I was just short of half marathon distance. The last time I ran a half I ended up with a stress fracture. But here I am running 10-12 mile runs on a weekly basis. So what did I decide to do, enter a half marathon in CO. But not any half marathon, one that will be held at 8000 feet in a town where elk and moose are known to roam.

Wish me luck..its next Sunday!

But today I decided to run 12 miles...it turned into 14+ miles, in which 6 was total torture. It was hot, and I guess I've pushed myself so hard for the last few weeks that my thighs decided they had no gas left and couldn't run anymore. Needless to say, I'm taking it easy this week.

No comments: