Monday, September 11, 2006

California

After returning from Florida this weekend I can’t help but think about how much I love the state of CA. So Dave and I have officially lived in California for about 2 years now. Well, it’s been 2 year and 2 months for me and about 22 months for Dave. I can honestly say California is great! I never imagined I would love it so much. While lviing in Floriada I was constantly unhappy. I not only didn't like my jobs but I also felt like I was stranded on some island and I couldn't get off. My attitude has completely changed over the last couple of years and I'm so much happier. It is amazing how many things there are to do here. Between the various cities, the national parks, the beaches, the wildlife, and skiing. I knew while living in florida that I needed more than a sandbar and the beach. But wow, I never imagined I would get to do some of the things I’ve done. I’ve skied in some gorgeous powder, I’ve hiked to the top of rock formations in the sierras, I’ve seen elephant seals in the wild, I’ve kayaked next to harbor seals, I’ve tasted some of the best wine in the country, and I’ve stood on the rocky shores of the pacific ocean looking for whales, sea otters, and sea lions. I can’t imagine having never lived this life. I guess what you don’t have you never miss, but I’m so glad I’ve had the opportunity to live somewhere that would make me happier and fit in with my active personality. These are all adventures that I can share with my kids one day and hope to instill some adventure and curiosity in them as well. In the last few years I’ve determined I have an adventurous personality. I can't sit back and do the same old activities every weekend. I seek out the fun and adventurous things to do nearby. I love to go do things unusual that not a lot of other people have done before. I love the sense of accomplishment of achieiving these things. That is one of the reasons why I run. I love to get better with each race that I run and I am competitive at heart. California has so much to offer me that I'm amazed everytime I think about it. I love it here and I can’t imagine not being able to have these things to my disposal ever again.

Here's a new CA goal of mine: Hike to the summit of Mount Whitney. Hopefully next year.

No comments: