Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Run Forest Run

So, I started to increase my mileage this past weekend. I ran just under 6 miles. But I'm realizing I have a long way to go. Thankfully the half marathon is not until January. I just ordered new shoes today. This was the most I've spent on shoes so far. I ordered the Mizuno Creation 7. I really hope they help me since I suffer from major shin splint pain. If anyone has any cure or wonderful advice on shin splints I'd love to hear from you. I have tried everything in the book and nothing helps at all. Currently I'm exercising 6 days a week. Of course this isn't all running., it's strength training, cardio at the gym, and running. I plan to increase my mileage by a half mile every week since I have plenty of time. Hopefully this will help me reduce any injuries.

This weekend is the Nike Run Hit Remix in LA. Both Dave and I are participating. This race should let me know how I'm doing right now. If my time comes in under 40 minutes, then I'm doing pretty well. Last year I was on a 7:45 pace. I doubt I'll be that fast this year.

Other than the race Dave and I are planning on staying home this weekend. We still have lots of house stuff to catch up on. We will be heading out on our vacation to Northern Cali in about 4 weeks. I can't wait. We have reserved this little cottage in Napa for 2 nights. The cottage looks so cute. It has a king bed, sofa, flat screen TV, breakfast nook, fireplace, patio, and an outdoor fireplace. We can't wait to sit outside in front of the outdoor fireplace and drink our bottle of champagne from Temecula. Dave and I have started this tradition. Every year around our anniversary we buy a bottle of champagne and keep it for the following year. We then drink the champagne on our anniversary the next year. This all started when we had one to many bottle given to us on our Honeymoon. We didn't have time to drink it and we brought it back with us. The bottle did not get drank until our anniversary last year. Then on our way back from San Diego we stopped in Temecula at a winery and bout another bottle there. It's a neat little tradition. that I hope we carry on for years to come.

No comments: