Sunday, September 24, 2006

Nike Run Hit Remix 2006 Success!

So today was the day, and I have to say I'm pretty happy. I did better then I thought I would. Dave and I both participated in the Nike Run Hit Remix today. The weather was warmer than I like. I prefer temps in the 50's and 60's for running. (Race time temp was probably about 70). This was a 5 mile race through LA (near USC). Nike brings out bands every year that perform as you run. This years theme was more of 1990's rap music. They had Young MC, Coolio, Vanilla Ice, and De La Soul performing. Debbie Gibson was also there and sang some older songs as the race started. It was quite amusing to hear some of those old songs again. Anyway there were 10,000 people entered in the race and we all wore the same Nike Dri Fit Shirt. I started the first mile at 7:50 pace, my second mile was oh way to fast at abut 7:10 pace! Overall I averaged about a 7:40 pace for the entire race. Accoriding to my stopwatch my final time was 38:21!!! I'm very happy with this since all I wanted was to be at or under 8 minutes! Go me! Dave also did very well. He did not train at all and managed to average about a 12 minute mile pace. I was happy that he was able to sustain that pace for 5 miles! I'm so proud of him.

No comments: