Thursday, September 14, 2006

Let The Training Begin

So the people that know me pretty well know that I exercise quite a bit. It’s pretty much a way of life for me. I started this routine a few years ago, not because I had to, but because I wanted to. I honestly love it whether its running, biking, swimming, or going to the gym. I consider my exercise time my time. Well, I’ve decided two things in the last few weeks.

  • Start riding my bike so I can actively participate in Duatholon’s
  • Begin training for another Half Marathon I will be running in the Orange County Half Marathon in January.

I’m excited because this time I’m going to be smarter. I’m going to use the few months I have to train and not push it like I did last year. Hopefully I can beat my time from the Santa Clarita Half Marathon. My time last year was 1 hour 47 minutes. I would love to get my pace down to 8:00 minutes exactly which would be 1 hour 45 minutes. So my training starts now. I will be running in the 5 mile Nike Run Hit Remix on the 24th. The following weekend I will be running on the track for Relay for Life. There are a bunch of 5K and 10K's coming up in the fall and I plan to run a bunch of them. I just hope my shins can survive another Half Marathon. I certainly don’t want a repeat of last year’s painful injury. In order to really keep my times up I think I’m going to combine road time with gym time. Hopefully this will keep the injury subsided since the elliptical is pretty low impact. But it should allow for me to keep pushing my cardio capabilities at the same time. Keep posted and I’ll let you all know how my training is progressing.

No comments: