Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Walking in a Yosemite Wonderland!

Yup, we'll be doing lots of walking...16.2 miles to be exact!

So I am getting nervous. Nervous about what…I'm actually nervous about our hike this weekend. Two years ago I got really scared up on half dome and decided not to do the cables. I totally whimped out. Dave was really tired, so he decided not to go too. Strangers kept telling me I should be proud for how far I made it and being most of the way to the top was fine.(the view from there was great!) But ever since we started back down hill, I had this feeling of disappointment in myself. I've been saying I want to get back up there and do it! I don't want to chicken out, but I'm so scared that I will..again.Then be disappointed…again.

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, there are these cables on half dome to help get you up the last 1/4 mile. The incline is about 45 degrees, so you basically need something to help you get up there. It's a bit intimidating, because there is not much around there and its a long way down! I keep telling myself, how many people do this every day (hundreds). And how many people don't make it back down to the bottom (a few, but not many).

I'll let you know on Sunday night how I did.

In other news, things are getting busy photography wise. I've got family shoots, reunions, weddings, etc… My own brother is getting married in August, so I'll be shooting that too. All in all I think I have 5 weddings I'm shooting between now and Nov. Which is a lot when you have a full time job. I really need to figure out how much I can handle at once and make sure I stay within my limits. I want to make sure I still have time with my awesome hubby and all our fun activities.

So I'm going to enter this photography contest that a photographer is having. The theme is fatherhood. I took three photos the other weekend that I felt really fit the theme. But I couldn’t decide which one to enter. So I passed them around at work to get peoples opinions. It's truly amazing how people see photos differently and what they get from them. This is one reason why I love photography so much. One person said about this photo "even though the child is in the air and should be concerned about dad catching him; there is a peace and trust on the boys face. Dad seems more concern. This captures fatherhood exactly." I loved this comment so much, that I've now decided to enter this photo into the contest.

No comments: