Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Workout Challenges

For those of you that now me pretty well you know that fitness is a big part of my life. I love to exercise and eat healthy. I have the attitude of I only live once so I want to treat my body the best that I can. I exercise 5-6 days a week and its just a way of life for me.

But lately my workouts have been tough, not demanding, just to routine. I don't feel like I'm getting a challenge. So tonight was the first official night of "everlast shadow boxing" at my gym. all the instructors have been raving about this class and how hard it is. So I figured I'd give it a try. Yup, there's the challenge I've been looking for. That is one good class! Not only are you doing the boxing moves like you might do in kick boxing, but your doing conditioning in between. We must have done 75 pushups tonight. The conditioning part is the kicker of the class. I loved it and will be back again and again. Now if I could just get over my hump with the rest of my exercising. I've started doing 10 min cardio intervals with sprints and that seems to be working to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.