Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Verdict Is In

Dave and I just got back from the AV Fair. We went over mainly to see how our photos did in the competition. I ended up walking away with three awards. First in the wedding category for Sarah and Brandon's photo, second for one of my poppy flower photos, and second for my Costa Rica frog photo. Some of my other photos didn't win at all....and one of those I thought for sure would win. But I think it may have been a bit to non traditional for the judges over there. I need to remind myself these contests are always very subjective. Dave's did not win...and I was shocked! His was by far the best out of all of them in his category. Again it either wasn't traditional enough or maybe they thought it was to good for the amateur category. It really did amaze me at some of the things that did win....some of them had poor composition others just were not exposed correctly. Oh well... at least I got three awards this year.

No comments: