Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday Randomness

1. We'll be going away again. This time I'm photographing a backyard wedding in Maryland…my own brother's wedding! Can you believe it…he's getting married! We fly out just for the weekend. I'm looking forward to snowballs (Not Snow Cones..yes there is a huge difference) and Steamed Crabs with tons of Old Bay! Yummy! The things I can not get in Cali. I had to order a new camera bag to get all my gear out there. And guess what, it comes on Thursday. Guess what day we leave…Thursday! Guess I'll be repacking real quick. What I'm not looking forward to…East Coast Humidity! Yuck! One of the many reasons why we'll never live on the east coast again.


2. My photos came from WHCC yesterday to be entered in at the fair for the photo contest. I think they look pretty good. Although I'm not sure I chose the best of the best of my photos. Some of them are great others I think I could have chosen better. Maybe its just my indecisiveness. Oh well, we'll see if I can win anything this year. Wish me luck. Although its not a huge prize or anything. I think between I spent on the enlargements and entry fee I would just about break even. I went to a bigger photo size this year so I shouldn't get stuck at the bottom! Dave has one entered too! His looks awesome. I totally think he'll win. It's being entered in the amateur wedding category.

3. My new sleeping Bag for our backpacking trip came this week. It's really cute and comfy. I totally think it'll keep me warm on those cool nights. It's a mummy bag, which will take some getting used to. Now I just need to order something for Dave. Then go buy a backpacking stove and some cooking gear. I'm so excited about being in the middle of nowhere in a few weeks.

4. I'm so far behind in my Photoshoots! I have weddings and family sessions to work on. Aghhh! I can't keep up at all. But I see the light at the end of the tunnel in Sept when things should calm down. Just in time for my Nov wedding! I haven't even uploaded any photos to my personal smugmug site in months from all our trips. I still have photos from March that I have never gone through. I remember the days were I would go through everything within a week of going somewhere. Now I just can't find the time. It's a good thing I have one of those personalities that just loves to be busy.

5. Reading Melissa Jill's blog this week has completely made me ready to go on another vacation to Europe! I've been everywhere that she has been this week and its making me really want a nice long vacation again. I love Europe. Especially Ireland. Dave and I have actually been joking around/kicking around the idea of living in Ireland for a year or two. How incredibly sweet would that be. I feel so at home there…maybe its all the redheads. :)

6. Now that I have been watching the Olympics (I'm addicted to the swimming since I am a former competitive swimmer myself) I am really starting to miss swimming. I was on an adult swim team in Florida. But never joined the one out here when I moved. I think its time to get back in the pool! It's been 4 years! I so miss the adrenaline rush of being up on those blocks.

No comments: