Thursday, September 11, 2008

Yummy Corn Chowder

So I've been on a soup kick the last few months. I've pulled out some interesting recipes from fitness magazine. In the past I've been making yummy and healthy sweet potato soup, which I later turned into potato soup. This week I made Corn Chowder. Now I don't normally eat thick soups because they are made with heavy cream and are way bad for you. But I love these soups because they give you that rich creamy texture, but by remaining healthy. Basically the trick has been to use soy milk. you cook the soup as normal then take half of it and purree it in the blender . Then you add it back to the remainder of the soup. Last nights corn chowder was so good that Dave and I practically fought over who would take the leftovers it in for lunch. Definalty making that one again, maybe at my parents house for thanksgiving. I may post the recipe a little later when I have more free time.

No comments: