Thursday, February 12, 2009

More Vacation!

Well its Thursday and we are that much closer to another vacation. This Saturday we leave for Vegas. The Photography Convention starts on Sunday, but we figured V-Day in Vegas would be interesting. So we leave Sat morning to drive out there. The weather is supposed to be yucky for a few days out this way…more rain and snow. Speaknig of, it snowed here a little bit the other day, but nothing like our Dec storm. It was nice to walk outside and see it snowing though. Our mountains and hills have been snow covered all week. Its so pretty to look at. I wish I had a photo to share but my work doesn't allow cameras and by the time I get home the sun is setting.

We will be spenindg Saturday enjoying Vegas, going to see the show KA and eating dinner at the MGM. After the convention is over (Thursday) we will be driving to Brain Head, UT. We plan on skiing for a day and also going to Bryce Canyon, NP and hopefully do some snowshoeing. Then drive home on Sunday, with a little stop back in Vegas. It should be a really fun time. I've signed up for 2 parties at WPPI which are supposedly giving away lots of free stuff. I want to go, but I feel a little weird going by myself and not knowing anyone. Hopefully I'll make some photog friends.

So with our cat, Haley, having diabetes we had to hire a pet sittter. Seriosuly….who knew how much those people made! I ws shocked at how much it was going to cost us. But we didn't want to have to trouble a friend with stopping by twice a day. Anyway these ladies seem really nice and they are involved with some dog trainig and shows. So the other night while they are over Dave mentions to them that I do photography. They sounded very interested…so who knows maybe I'll start some sort of pet photography/dog show thing. I'm thinking go and capture action shots, hand out my cards, post the photos for purchase. My time shooting is obviously free, but if I make a bunch of print sales that would be totally cool. Something to think about.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are going to have an awesome time. Grab some free stuff for me if you can! :) Heehee.

Have a great Valentine's Day!