Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Whiplash!

This wekened was great skiing at Mammoth. The snow was fantastic! I totally loved every minute of it. When the snow is good and the weather is great I become a very confident skier and pretty much fly down the mountain. That’s why I wanted a helmet for christmas. I've become a very aggressive skier…I try my best at moguls, ski very streep trails, and I love to go fast. Recipe for disaster if I ever have a bad fall. This weekend was the first time I ever used my helmet. So we're coming down this blue black trail…so nothing to challenging. I decided to cut through the trees, hit a bump, go flying and land on my side. But I hit pretty hard and my head gets thrown against the hard packed snow. Ouch…even with the helmet on! I was so glad I had a helmet. So Sunday night I wake up with a lot of pain in my neck and figure its just the way I'm sleeping. But now that I think about it I think its more like whiplash from my fall. My head got jerked pretty good. It still hurts today! The price I pay for lots of fun on the slopes!

Besides that I skied really well this weekend. Dave says to me at one point…"sometimes I just can't keep up with you". Yeah I can be quite fast on the slopes. But so is Dave. I made myself ski lots of moguls on Sunday. I actually did decent at times. But when the bumps get real big, I have lots of issues. Something to work on. We skied Cornice Bowl (a single black at the top) a few times. I told Dave I remember when I used to be scared to go down that trail. Now its nothing. Its just another trail. I need more of a challenge, but I'm to much of a wuss for the double blacks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you are ready for the double blacks!