Wednesday, March 18, 2009

2 of My Favorite Things: Snow and Bball

So if you haven't seen this on facebook, here is our video from skiing last weekend. I threw this together pretty quickly on the drive home. My first video like this. Keep in mind, I'm not a videographer. :)




_________________________

On a complete side note, I just need to talk a little basketball since I'm a basketball nut. So all those fair weather UMD fans that were putting the team and the coach down earlier this year - sit down and shut up! UMD basketball is just amazing. Yes they put us through our ups and downs emotionally but Gary is a tremendous coach. You just have to believe. Believe in the power of Gary. So let me ask

- Who is the number 10 seed in the west….oh yes, Maryland!
- Who just put a hurting on Wake Forest (#9 ranked) Friday night…yup Maryland.
- And who stuck and held their own against the great Duke team…yup Maryland again.

Seriously people, why do you always feel like you need to blame someone when things aren't going your way. Anyway, Fear the turtle!!! This is a school with basketball history.. You don't go to the NCAA tourney 11 straight years then just quit having that drive. This team wants to be there more than anybody. As a MD fan I do have to admit we are spoiled. We expect our team to be in the NCAA. It's not a hope, its an expectation! We have a great coach on our side and the last few years have been rough as a MD fan. Watching them get squeaked out by other teams. Lets see how it all plays out. Hopefully this is another start to big NCAA run. I'd love to see them back in the championship game in a few years. The terps have a consistency in basketball that not a lot of other schools can say they have (I believe its 13 invitations to the tourney in the last 16 years)…ah and lets not forget the 2002 champions!

Congratulation to the UMD women's as well. Earning a number 1 seed in the tourney is fabulous! It's great having both teams in the tourney this year.

Go Terps!

My Picks… I'm indecisive though.
Memphis (yes I'd love to see MD advance and win this game and I think if they make it there they can, but my gut is saying Memphis, so I'm going with my gut)

North Carolina
Pitt
Louisville

The winner this year: I pick UNC beating Louisville

No comments: