Monday, March 16, 2009

More from mammoth

First of all I have to say, I'm a big dork on the video camera!!!!

So yesterday was incredible. We skied at mammoth and had a great time. It was windy again, so that stunk, but otherwise nice temps and blue skies. We also did something I never thought we would do for a while. As I stood up on top of the mountain looking over the edge, I got that almost queasy (sp?) feeling in the stomach. My mind was saying..turn back and run, well ski away. Now while you can. I was scared so much. I was afraid of falling and breaking something. I went over the edge and now my mind was saying "now you've done it, now what are you going to do, you have to get down this alive". Then I made my first turn and I was in the clear. I was on my way down a double black diamond at mammoth. Was I crazy!? Let me tell you it was one of the scariest things I've ever skied, but also the most fun! I loved it. I even went back for more! I loved skiing the steep terrain. I loved it even more that I got down and didn't fall!!!! It was such an accomplishment to finally do that. I knew I was a decent enough skier, I was just to scared. We both skied it several times, and we both loved it.

Here is the view heading up to the top. We were going to ski cornice bowl (a not as difficult trail, a single black) at the very top.



This is me after I skied the double black - yes I'm a big dork in the video. Sorry about the wind. What I say in the beginning is "I just skied that".



And one more...Dave on the lift.

No comments: