Thursday, June 04, 2009

Workin It Out

Totally lovin it…I'm really getting back into my more hard core exercise routine. Feelin good….but now its summer and I won't be racing until the fall.
Here's my accomplishments for the week:
Friday - ran 5.5 miles
Saturday - Shadow Boxing + Cardio at the gym (1.5 hour workout)
Sunday - 60 miles on my bike!
Monday - recovery day
Tuesday - Tennis
Wednesday - Shadow boxing + cardio
Thursday - Ran 4 miles + Tennis

Tomorrow I plan to run as well and then we're going to do a big hike over the weekend.

After my Tour De Cure experience I've decided I'm going to get a good road bike, so I need to start looking around! I want to start doing Tris and Duathalons…seriously, how long have I been saying this! Yup, many years! I have a new workout routine I've worked out for myself that includes some biking. I also plan on running on T and TH before I go to work to take advantage of the much cooler desert weather. It was 54 this morning!!! So nice…wish it would stay like this until fall. So anyawy I now get a dual workout on T and Th with playing tennis with Dave. Totally looking forward to everything. And I'd like to do a bike race in the future or something. There is a tri up at Mammoth in July, but I totally won't be ready for that. So I'll have to look around. But can imagine doing a tri in the sierras! Amazing! Although I'm sure that water is freezing cold.

Anyway - we're hoping to go camping for an evening this weekend. Do you know what the temp will be up there at night….34!!! And a slight chance of snow! Seriously…in June! Gotta love Cali. You can have 80 degrees and 30 degrees all in one day.

No comments: