Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tour De Cure

This weekend was the tour de cure! It is over and I survived! Yup...60 miles on my bike! You may think 60 miles would be tough, but try it on a mountain bike. I think I got the most of a workout out of anyone out there! Why...well mountain bike tires are thick...which means more surface area, which in return means more friction. So all those road bikes were just passing me by! It took me forever, I got a great workout, and a great sense of satisfaction and accomplishment! But now I want a road bike.

Saturday - Dave and I left in the afternoon to hang out in Long Beach. Our plans were simple, walk around the city and snap a few photos, Eat some good food, Drink some good beer, and spend some time at the hotel pool!

We stayed at the Westin in downtown so we could walk around during the day and not have to worry about driving.

We had beers at 3 different locations...Yard House, Auld Dubliner, and Rock Bottom Brewery!





This was the view from our room.


Random photos throughout the city.






















Right now I am totally exhausted and thinking it's going to be hard to walk tomorrow. Dave is passed out on the couch with 2 cats. It's been a long day!

No comments: