Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I love it when I only have to work 3 days in a week...I have Friday off too!!! Yipeee!!!

So Friday night I picked Dave up at LAX then we drove to Oxnard. Where we spent the night. Then on Saturday we drove over to Goleta to see my Cousin and his family. It was nice cause my aunt and uncle were here visiting too and I don't get to see them very often! It was Foster's 3rd birthday party! I'll tell you that kid had so much fun jumping in the bounce house they rented! He barely came out for a breather at all.

Foster got to enjoy a yummy cupcake for his birthday.





We left there around 7ish and went to downtown Santa Barbara for dinner. That took longer then I expected cause of the Lakers game.

Sunday morning we woke up to the sonic boom of the shuttle reentering the atmosphere since it had to land at Edwards. Haven't heard that in a couple of years, since the last time they landed here. We kinda took our own time to get going. We had breakfast and then headed towards Los Olivios for a day of wine tasting. We had a ton of fun. The wineries were packed! We did find some good wine though. We ended up making the trek all the way up to Santa Maria and drove home from there after stopping for dinner. On the way home the lighting was just gorgeous in the hills. I wanted to stop so bad, but felt bad cause I knew Dave was just ready to get home. We finally pulled over and got some amazing shots. Oh I'd so love to do an e-session in those type of hills right as the sun is setting. So gorgeous!!


The hills at sunset!


The road at sunset! I love this shot. I think I forsee this being framed somewhere on our wall soon!


Me @ one of the wineries


Today - Memorial Day - we are home. Dave hasn't been home in 10 days! But we have a lot to get done, so we are spending the day shopping and cleaning.

So our pet sitters didn't stop by this weekend. I guess some sort of emergency came up and the lady forgot. You can only imagine how hungry they were. Haley seemed to be OK even though she didn't get her insulin.

No comments: