Monday, May 18, 2009

Preakness 2009

What a great weekend! The weather was kinda dreary all weekend, but we had a good time. We had 2 snowballs, crabs, crab cakes, and crab soup! It was also a yummy weekend.

Preakness was just great. Two of the jockeys were actually on our flight to Baltimore. Dave managed to get one of the flight attendants to take one of our Preakness tickets to them for autographs. She was the sweetest flight attendant I've ever come across.

Wanna see some photos….check them out here.

So what was Dave's big present….I told him I'm going to take him to Chicago this August to go Chicago Bears Training Camp!!! He is pretty excited.

We had a really good time. I manged to get some great photos since we were right up along the railing this year.

So here's the weird thing…last night my plane lands at about 8:28…I'm (yes just me - Dave took a different flight to Cincinnati) one of the first people off the plane…apparently a 4.7 magnitude quake hit about 3 miles away from LAX at 8:39pm. I never felt a thing! I heard some things rattling in a shop, but since I didn't feel anything I thought maybe its was plane going by or something, but thought that was kinda unusual too. But no one around me said anything about an earthquake. I get home and see all these Twitters about a strong earthquake. How weird!

1 comment:

Nicole4FLDU said...

happy belated birthday dave!